Supporting our Community
We are proud of the role we play in nourishing and supporting Canada’s fibre arts community and slow-fashion movement.
Our prices are very affordable and proceeds from sales help to pay for rent and business expenses. Any surplus is reinvested in our operations or used to nourish and support Canada’s fibre arts community and local non-profits.
Your donation or purchase not only gives new life to otherwise waste fabric it also helps to support our organization and our wider community.
Some of our community programs include:
- Sew Fun(d) Scholarship. Our in-house scholarship program that gives young designers in the Vancouver Lower Mainland area an opportunity to get a brand-new sewing machine
- Teacher and Student Discount. We give a 10% discount off your total purchase in-store if you are a teacher or student with a valid ID.
- In-kind support. Where possible, we give support to other nonprofits and educational institutions in the form of fabric and other supplies
- Financial support for other non-profits. Recent donations have been made to Mamas for Mamas in the wake of local wildfires, Red Cross BC Floods and Extreme Weather Appeal, Reconciliation Canada and Canadian Red Cross Ukrainian Humanitarian Crisis Appeal.
- Sustainable Design Scholarship. We are passionate about nurturing future talent and vision in sustainability. As such we are currently in our third year of sponsorship for the "Wilson School of Design and Our Social Fabric Zero Waste Design Competition" at Kwantlen Polytechnic University.
- Speaking opportunities and workshop events. We offer partnership opportunities to speak at events and teach workshops within the Vancouver Lower Mainland.
Photo courtesy of Ripple of Change magazine.