Patterns for sewing your own necktie
Looking to add a touch of sophistication to your wardrobe by crafting your very own custom neckties? We share 16 patterns (including four free ones) to get you started on your tie-making journey.
Free Sewing Patterns:
- Purl Soho's Father's Day Tie Pattern (Adults)
- Tie-a-Tie.net's Free Bow Tie Pattern (Adults and Children)
- Made for Mermaids Layered Bow Tie Pattern (Adults, Children and Baby)
- Folkwear Cravat Pattern (Adults)
Commercial Sewing Patterns
- Simplicity 4762 (Adults and Children): A classic necktie pattern with different style options. The pattern also includes a vest.
- Vogue V9073 (Adults): Men's vest, cummerbund, pocket square, bow ties and neckties
- Simplicity S8764 (Childrens): Boys' suit and neck ties
- Burda 3403 (Adults): Men's vest, cummerbund, pocket square, bow ties and neckties
- Simplicity 8023 (Adults and Childrens): Ascot tie and bow tie. Pattern also includes vest and cummerbund.
- Simplicity 1506 (Adults and Childrens): Husky Boys' & Big & Tall men's vests, necktie and bow tie.
- Simplicity 9194 (Baby): Infants' Vest, Shirt, Shorts, Pants, Tie & Pocket Square. Tie has neckband with hook & loop closure.
Indie Sewing Patterns
- Thread Theory Designs' Mahle Tie (Adults): A modern and versatile necktie pattern.
- Sew Over It's Tie Pattern (Adults): slim and modern necktie.
- Melilot's Henrik Tie (Adults): A reversible tie.
- Maven Patterns' Warwick Tie (Adults): Traditional construction techniques.
- Folkwear 222 Vintage Vests (Adults): A pattern for Victorian vests. Traditional Bow Tie (with instructions for tying) are also included.