Hello everyone – HAPPY NEW YEAR!
We had a little break in December but we’re back and eager to kick off 2020 in style! Join us this coming Thursday, January 9, 2020 from 2-8pm for our First Sale of the Year! Our dedicated team of volunteers has been working like little elves sorting, rolling and getting the shop ready for you and all your friends. We are looking forward to another great year as we continue to reduce, re-use and divert textiles from the landfill!
COTTON HOODIE FLEECE
Wait till you see the huge assortment of cotton hoodie fleece we received from a local natural outerwear designer. Lots of different weights, textures and weaves in warm winter tones of light gray to charcoal, navy blue, dark green and more. Cotton fleece is perfect for hoodies, lap blankets, cozy coats and cushions and the t-shirt jersey knits are super made into tops for men, women and kids. Colours are all coordinated so you can make hoodies with rib knit cuffs and bottom bands. Wanna make a custom-fit hoodie? We have 3 spots left in our Hoodie Workshop – click HERE for more info and to register.
I’ve heard that January is home decor month – not sure if it really is but sounds like a good excuse to do a bit of decorating :) After all the excitement of Christmas, January is a bit of a sad month – why not spruce things up with some new cushions, table runners or a snappy one-of-a-kind winter tote bag made from home decor fabrics. The home decor section has some lovely new prints and textured fabric for all your crafting needs. And why not make an amazing scrap-busting Pouf for your bedroom or living room – sign up for our Pouf-making workshop and learn how to stash your fabric scraps inside the Pouf!
WHAT’S COMING UP?
Workshops! We’ve had an overwhelming response to the Workshops we advertised in December. A couple of workshops still have a few spots available and we’d love to see them full! Here’s the direct link to the workshops still available – come and sew with us!:
1. “My Design” Drawstring Backpack, Saturdays, Feb 22 & 29, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm (rescheduled from January 4 & 11, 2020)
2. Pouf Making Workshop, two Saturdays, Jan 18 & 25, 10:00 am-1:00 pm
3. Begin to Sew, two Saturdays, Feb 1 & 8, 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
4. Hoodie Workshop, Jan 23 & 30, 5:00-8:30pm (only 3 spots left in this workshop)
Non-Profit Quilters: Do you belong to a group of quilters who make quilts for critical babies in the hospital? If you are looking for donations of pieced blocks, please drop us a line as we have a few quilt blocks that we’d be happy to donate to a worthy cause. E-mail us at email@example.com. Give us your name, group name or organization and where your finished quilts will go. Thanks!
SHOP STOCK ITEMS AND ESSENTIALS
- Check out our re-organized Knit section and our re-vitalized stock of cotton and natural knits, beautiful and the ever-versatile lycra.
- Natural woven fabrics, drapery and home decor fabrics, quilting fabrics, lining material, athletic knits, technical fabrics and vinyl (and a bit of leather)
- Buttons galore and zippers in all shapes and sizes (zippers are 10 for $2)
- Patterns regular uncut, $1 each and Vogue patterns $2 each, Vintage patterns (cut or uncut) $1 each
- Large cone thread $2 each
- Ribbon, trim, twill tape, bias binding, rick-rack, hem tape, elastic and lining fabric
- Knitting Yarn, tons of knitting needles and crochet hooks
- Sewing books and magazines
New donations arrive every week so come and see! If you don’t find what you are looking for on the shelves, just ask, we may have something in the back.
Don’t forget to sign up to be on our mailing list and check our Instagram and Facebook posts this week for more news on specials and new arrivals in the Shop.
We are located at: Our Social Fabric, #270-1275 Venables (corner of Clark Drive) in Vancouver. We are Vancouver’s NON-PROFIT textile recycling initiative. We are 100% volunteer run and we are dedicated to keeping textiles out of the landfill and into the hands of creatives – just like you! Thank you for your continued support for more than 10 years!
LOCATION / ENTRANCE
Venables Street Entrance: From the parking lot, enter the MAIN BLUE door from the parking lot marked 1275 Venables. Walk up the stairs to the second floor and turn left. Follow the signs to OSF, Suite #270.
WHERE TO PARK
Customers may park in VISITOR spots unless you are loading up your vehicle. On Saturdays and Sundays, there is ample parking in front of the Russell Hendrix retail shop as they are closed on the weekends. There is parking on westbound Venables, west of Clark just past the parking lot entrance. Please park legally and avoid unwelcome surprises.