It’s almost Halloween – do you have your costume yet? Do you need to drape your house in black fabric? Look no further – OSF is here to help you with all your fabric needs :)
We still have some fun, slinky, shiny, creepy and fuzzy fabrics for your costume making. And if you ever needed tulle – now’s the time to stock up – there must be some little princesses or witch out there dreaming of a poofy floor length skirt!
Check out these luxurious textured home decor fabrics just in! Perhaps you need to recover that faded foot stool or maybe some cozy cushions are need to spruce up the sofa for seasonal guests. Lots of warm Fall colours to keep you cozy.
Two bins of linen and many bundles of wool, wool blends, cottons, naturals are waiting for you down the centre aisle of the Shop.
WHAT’S COMING UP?
Our Social Fabric is delighted to be a Bronze Partner with the Eastside Culture Crawl this year! We will be open during the Culture Crawl and we’ll have lots of new inventory and some special fabrics that we’ve been saving, just for the Crawl!
– Thursday, November 14, 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm
– Friday, November 15, 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm
– Saturday, November 16, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
– Sunday, November 17, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
In addition to being open for four fabulous days, we are excited to offer 5 NEW workshops during the Eastside Culture crawl. Visit our “Workshops” page for the list of workshops and to register. We’ll also be hosting Drop-In Community Art Projects when workshops are not in session.
Sewing Bee – would you like to join us this Saturday afternoon, October 26th between 1 and 5pm? We’re offering an afternoon of sewing our “Zero (waste) Bags”. Friends, sewers, volunteers and customers of OSF gather once in a while to learn how to make the large tote bags that we sell in the shop. The bags are made using a zero-waste model and are assembled “production-style” during our Sewing Bees. We have 6 spots available for this Saturday – you can come for an hour or stay for the afternoon – fill out this form to let us know you can attend the Sewing Bee on Saturday Oct 26. We’ll reply back with a confirmation by Friday evening. Thanks :)
SHOP STOCK ITEMS AND ESSENTIALS
- Check out our stock of cotton and natural knits, beautiful and versatile lycra, natural woven fabrics, drapery and home decor fabrics, quilting fabrics, lining material, athletic knits, technical fabrics and vinyl
- Buttons galore and zippers in all shapes and sizes (zippers 10 for $1)
- Patterns regular uncut, $1 each and Vogue patterns $2 each, Vintage patterns (cut or uncut) $1 each
- Large cone thread $2 each
- Ribbon, trim, twill tape, bias binding, rick-rack, hem tape, elastic and lining fabric
- Knitting Yarn, tons of knitting needles and crochet hooks
- Sewing books and magazines, see the stack of Quilting books in the Wovens section marked down by 50%
New donations arrive every week so come and see! If you don’t find what you are looking for on the shelves, just ask, we may have something in the back.
We can process your payments with “Tap debit” to a maximum of $100
Don’t forget to sign up to be on our mailing list and check our Instagram and Facebook posts this week for more news on specials and new arrivals in the Shop.
We are located at: Our Social Fabric, #270-1275 Venables (corner of Clark Drive) in Vancouver. We are Vancouver’s NON-PROFIT textile recycling initiative. We are 100% volunteer run and we are dedicated to keeping textiles out of the landfill and into the hands of creatives – just like you! Thank you for your continued support for more than 10 years!
LOCATION / ENTRANCE
Venables Street Entrance: From the parking lot, enter the MAIN BLUE door from the parking lot marked 1275 Venables. Walk up the stairs to the second floor and turn left. Follow the signs to OSF, Suite #270. Map: Google Map
WHERE TO PARK
Park only in VISITOR spots unless you are loading up your vehicle. There is parking on westbound Venables, west of Clark just past the parking lot entrance. On Sundays, there is ample Visitor parking in the Russell building parking lot. Please park legally and avoid unwelcome surprises.