Guess what…summer has finally arrived in beautiful Vancouver – YIPPEE! We so are grateful to all you wonderful folks who have donated fabric and sewing supplies to Our Social Fabric. Our mission is to divert textiles from the landfill and into the hands of creatives in our community. We are fully stocked and look forward to welcoming you all to our Sale Event this Sunday, June 23rd at 10:00 am. If you would like to donate a sewing stash to OSF, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s hard to describe the wonderfulness of this donation – imagine tables full of quilts in soft cottons in contemporary and vintage designs just waiting to be fondled. These quilt pieces are samples that have been cut from full size quilts and used for store displays or as samples for retail buyers. Check out this photo of the super-cute shopping bag made from one of the smaller pieces. The raw edges have been finished with extra wide bias tape and the straps are sewn all the way around the bag for extra strength. The quilt pieces come in a variety of colours and patterns – great for making bags, oven mitts and potholders, slippers, place mats, throw pillows, diaper bags, lunch bags, baby blankets and so much more. Be sure to get to the Sale early for best selection.
New Active Wear Lycra
New designs just arrived from a local sports wear designer this week. This lycra active wear has excellent 4-way stretch, great for leggings, tank tops, shorts, t-shirts and court skirts (see picture for some of the styles available.) Look for bins at the front display table.
Merino Wool Knit
We have a one bin of Merino Wool Knit pieces in short lengths (approx half meter) available in burgundy and deep green. Limit 2 pieces per customer.
Other Goodies and Essentials
– Check out our stock of cotton and natural knits, beautiful and versatile lycra, natural woven fabrics, drapery and home decor fabrics, quilting fabrics, lining material, athletic knits, technical fabrics and vinyl)
– Buttons galore and zippers in all shapes and sizes (zippers 10 for $1)
– Patterns regular uncut, $1 each and Vogue patterns $2 each (we’ve just received a stack of costume patterns and craft patterns including plush toys and animals and we’re working on separating out the men’s patterns to make them easier for you to find)
– Large cone thread $2 each
– Ribbon, sequins and costuming supplies
– Yarn, LOTS of books (dozens of quilt books on sale 50% off), elastic, trim and a stocked Notions area
New donations arrive every week so come and see! If you don’t find what you are looking for on the shelves, just ask, we may have something in the back.
We can process your payments with “Tap debit” to a maximum of $100
Don’t forget to sign up to be on our mailing list and check our Instagram and Facebook posts this week for more news on specials and new arrivals in the Shop.
We are located at: Our Social Fabric, #270-1275 Venables (corner of Clark Drive) in Vancouver.
LOCATION / ENTRANCE
Venables Street Entrance: From the parking lot, enter the MAIN BLUE door from the parking lot marked 1275 Venables. Walk up the stairs to the second floor and turn left. Follow the signs to OSF, Suite #270. Map: Google Map
WHERE TO PARK
Park only in VISITOR spots unless you are loading up your vehicle. There is parking on westbound Venables, west of Clark just past the parking lot entrance. On Sundays, there is ample Visitor parking in the Russell building parking lot. Please park legally and avoid unwelcome surprises.