Sorry, this workshop is now full.
Our new FREE “Repair your Wear” workshop will give you the skills to repair your gently loved garments, saving you time and money.
In this hands-on, clothing fix-it workshop, you will learn easy methods to repair your garments. Repairing your clothes will help you save money, extend the life of your favourite garments and you’ll be keeping textiles out of the landfill! Depending on the time available, expect to learn: how to sew on buttons, repair frayed cuffs, hemming methods, adding patches, re-stitching and re-enforcing open seams, darning (hand and machine), replacing broken zippers, repairing pocket holes and decorative applique or embroidery to conceal holes and tears.
- Instructor: Susan Walter
- Skills: Student will have some general sewing experience and familiarity with domestic sewing machines.
- Bring two garments in need of repair (broken zipper, fallen hem, missing buttons etc)
- Equipment/Supplies: Regular sewing thread and hand-sewing needles, small sewing scissors, buttons, zipper, bias tape or whatever you might need to repair your garments. Also bring a measuring tape and straight pins. (Optional: embroidery floss in colours of your choosing)
- Cost: FREE. Class size is limited to 8 students.
- Click HERE to register
- Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org