Our Social Fabric’s next Sale is this coming Sunday, March 19th from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. The last sale was a such a success but we did have a few challenges getting people in and out of the space—the lineups were long but hopefully you managed to get in and snap-up lots of bargains. This Sunday, we will let a few folks in at a time and have extra volunteers around to help move you through the cash as quickly as possible. We know
how much you love to shop at OSF so, we’re working hard to make it a good experience for you. Thank you for your patience and understanding and, as always, if you have any suggestions for us, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what we have in the shop this month:
- Black Fleece—you no doubt saw our postings on Instagram and Facebook for Black Fleece—we have lots to share! Bolts are 40 meters + for $80 and we have 3 and 4 metres packages for $3/meter. Two of our board members got together and made a snappy little jacket and pants outfit (see pic)—this fabric is so versatile and comfy, good for capes, pants, cozy sportswear, doggie beds and coats, jackets, tops, skirts and coat linings—what about a backdrop for that theatre production! The bolts are
flying out the door—you can make an appointment for Tuesday and Thursday this week (over lunch) so you can avoid the sale rush and walk away with a bolt (or two, or three!) E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment time.
- Naturals—a lovely shop in North Vancouver was renovating and donated boxes of natural fabrics including silk, linen, denim, rayon/viscose and shirting fabrics—you can find them in the green bins on the tables.
- Sherpa—We have cut up the last bolt of beautiful Sherpa—it’s available in 3 metre bundles @ $3/metre. Awesome for coats, vests, hats and slippers!
- Thread—Lots of cone thread for all your sewing project.
- Knits—we’re still sorting through the large Kendor donation—so lots of knits in a rainbow of colours and some of those luscious bamboo and cotton knits are available also.
–Hope to see you on Sunday, March 19th!
LOCATION / ENTRANCE
Please use our Venables Street entrance: Enter the GREY door marked 1275 Venables located beside the three grey south facing loading bay doors labelled B C D. Walk through the loading bay area towards the freight elevator and up the stairs to the third floor. Follow the signs to OSF. Click on link for Google Map We usually have a volunteer operating the elevator, however, if you know you need elevator service please email us a few days prior to the sale and we will send you a contact telephone number to use during the sale to call for elevator assistance.
WHERE TO PARK
Park only in VISITOR spots unless you are loading up your vehicle. There is parking on westbound Venables, west of Clark just past the parking lot entrance. There is also 2 hour parking on Clark in front of the Clark entrance as well on the north side of the building on Adanac. On Sundays, there is ample parking in the Russell building parking lot. Please park legally and avoid unwelcome surprises.