Can you believe it—Christmas is right around the corner?! Our Social Fabric has lots of great quality fabrics for your Christmas crafting and sewing projects. Join us this Sunday, November 20th from 10am to 1pm for awesome deals on fabric and notions. This is our LAST SALE FOR 2016 !!!
Here’s what we have in the shop this month:
- We’ve put together a lovely selection of Christmas fabrics—see the table near the cash desk at the front.
- The Vintage area has been replenished with “one of a kind” pretty printed polyesters and some “Beatles” inspired fabrics. How about a cute pencil skirt for the holiday season—you can also find a selection of vintage patterns for a real Woodstock vibe!
60s and 70s polyester is also great for kids craft projects as it doesn’t fray, comes in super cute patterns and bright colours, doesn’t wrinkle and stands up to much abuse!
- Bundles of regular and heavy fleece for shawls and crafts, water repellent fabrics for jackets and packs, and hoodie-type and sweatshirt fleece.
- Another donation of drapery and upholstery bolts has arrived—just in time for holiday decorating and gift making. These exquisite fabrics make lovely wine bottle gift bags, tote bags, cushions and great for period costumes too.
- We’re overflowing with beautiful knits—lots of colours, thicknesses and weights to choose from—how about a slinky black knit dress for that Christmas party?
Just like month, our neighbours will be having a sale on the same day. They are right next door to us, but their hours are from 10-4.
Don’t miss this Textile Hub collaborative event where we will be curating a table of individual work by participants at Threadworks, Common Thread Co-op and Craftworks Society.
Come see the space where all the magic happens! This is where products are made and where our textile collective is taking shape.
Hope to see you on Sunday, November 20th!
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas—see you in the New Year!
Questions / to learn more:
LOCATION / ENTRANCE
Please use our Venables Street entrance: Enter the GREY door marked 1275 Venables located beside the three grey south facing loading bay doors labelled B C D. Walk through the loading bay area towards the freight elevator and up the stairs to the third floor. Follow the signs to OSF. Click on link for Google Map We usually have a volunteer operating the elevator, however, if you know you need elevator service please email us a few days prior to the sale and we will send you a contact telephone number to use during the sale to call for elevator assistance.
WHERE TO PARK
Park only in VISITOR spots unless you are loading up your vehicle. There is parking on westbound Venables, west of Clark just past the parking lot entrance. There is also 2 hour parking on Clark in front of the Clark entrance as well on the north side of the building on Adanac. On Sundays, there is ample parking in the Russell building parking lot. Please park legally and avoid unwelcome surprises.