About our Fabric Sales
We recycle fabric by holding monthly fill-a-bag fabric sales out of our Maple Leaf storage locker in East Vancouver. Proceeds go to maintaining the storage locker and keeping it available for donations while we grow our organization and develop related programs. The sales are fun and inclusive community events, and are a great place to network with other folks in Vancouver’s textile and creative arts industries while contributing to a great cause.
We are currently seeking 3-5 volunteers to staff our upcoming fabric sale on Saturday, October 1st 2011 from 10am to 4pm.
• Moving fabric from storage locker to sale site in the parking lot
• Setting up displays of fabric
• Assisting customers to select, price, and purchase recycled fabrics
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
• Customer service experience an asset, but not required
• Must be able to lift up to 20lbs
• Passion for textiles, recycling or both!
• Must be willing to work with people in a fast-paced, fill-a-bag-sale environment
Benefits and Recognition
• All volunteers get a free bag of the fabric of their choice
• Volunteers who participate for more than three sales can ask for a letter of reference to support them in their other endeavors
Sales happen monthly and there will be follow-up volunteer opportunities. For more info or to volunteer, contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
More details about the Oct 1st sale coming soon. Stay tuned!