Social Fabric’s first project, Recycling Used Textiles Humanly (RUTH), seeks to provide employment to marginalized citizens and remanufacture materials that would otherwise go into the landfill. Operational activities will include:
* collecting textile garments
* sorting into reusable and non-reusable
* shredding all non-reusable items and weaving fibres into bolts of fabric
* designing, manufacturing, and marketing quality textile items for sale in Metro Vancouver
* providing the stimulus and opportunities for education on the social and environmental benefits of textile recycling and the potention for job creation RUTH is unique! To the best of our knowledge there exists no such initiative in North America.